The next generation of SMO classic mulchers is ready for launch on the market.
... after the introduction of the high-power S9 series a few years ago, the new medium-power mulcher series, S7, is born.
Innovation is a natural process for all SEPPI mulchers. The new S7 line with its S7 “classic” and S7 “dyna” variants replaces the traditional SMO and SMO fh in the power range from 50 to 160 HP.
The strength of these mulchers is particularly appreciated by agricultural and landscaping professionals. These flail mulchers are used not only in fruit and wine growing, but also for green space maintenance, and thanks to their robust structure in high-strength S420 steel, even in forestry.
The result is a clean cut with higher working speeds, minimal consumption, simple maintenance and long machine life.
The letter "S" comes from the German "Schlägelmulcher”, which translates as flail mulcher, while the number “7” indicates the maximum diameter of the branches to be mulched, expressed in centimetres.
What is the difference between the S7 classic and S7 dyna?
S7 classic (ex SMO)
- for rear attachment only
- hydraulic linkage side-shift
- reversible front, rear and reverse attachment
- dynamic hydraulic linear side-shift
These S7 models are available in working widths: S7 classic from 125 cm to 250 cm and S7 dyna from 150 cm to 275.
Thanks to the high rotor speed, results are optimal even at high travel speeds of up to 10 km/h.
The features of these two new mulchers are listed below along with the differences compared to the previous SMO series:
- The two rows of tempered counter-cutters are now interchangeable and can be easily replaced in case of wear.
- The standard chassis is made of high-resistant steel S420 and can be equipped with additional interchangeable wear plates for work in more difficult conditions, making it even more resistant.
- The protective chains are combined with flaps. As such, during mulching, the flaps tilt and move the chains, creating a barrier that prevents the material from getting jammed inside the chains, allowing it to pass through and be mulched by the rotor
- New: belt protection with deflector to reduce the risk of damage to plants and the machine itself
- The lubrication points are external and, therefore, easy to reach.
- Greater side-shift for both models. The S7 classic model with P-SHIFT linkage can be equipped with “extreme” side-shift, with the possibility to shift the mulcher sideways by up to one metre. The safety of the linkage is guaranteed by the new trapezoidal arms. The 3-point linkage is less stressed thanks to the optimised distribution of the lifting forces.
- Even the rear hood has improved. The chassis is slightly more closed and the hood is fitted with a new manual adjustment system allowing it to be opened directly on-site, without the need for any tools.
- The height of the robust support roller is now easier to adjust, and the 4D bearing guarantees smooth working even on rough terrain.
- Both the S7 mulchers are modular and designed to be equipped with undercanopy accessories.
Mulchers in the S7 series mulch grass, branches, brush and wood up to a diameter of 7 cm. The quality of the final result is now further enhanced by the adjustable hood and support roller, which can therefore adapt to any material. The rotor comes standard with high-quality multipurpose flails. The helical layout of the flails (HELIX rotor) ensures even power distribution. Like its predecessor, the rotor bearing system is optimised for quiet, vibration-free operation even with large working widths.
Both mulchers in the new S7 line will be introduced in November at the EIMA exhibition in Bologna.
Come and visit us at our Stand ... in Hall 36 and get excited!
Or contact us anytime via our website www www.seppi.com.